Everyone has friends, everyone has acquaintances but not everyone has those true friends that stick by their side in times of hardships and need. They say people come and go in and out of your life every once in a while. You meet different friends, enemies and acquaintances. These groups of people affect the entirety of our social life and our social well being. It is important to know how to choose friends and how to choose the people that you should be with in order to protect yourself from harm in all aspects.
I spotted an article in the web that states the signs of how to determine who really your true friend. This article entitled Friendship - Who Is A True Friend made by CD Mohatta in the site called Ezine @rticles.
According to CD, a true friend are as follow:
- A true friend is that we are not worried about courtesies. You will call your friend at any hour and talk without any thought of time in your mind.
- A true friend is a little more than a very good friend. A true friend will support you even if it hurts his/her own interest.
- A true friend will understand your motives and needs and will be with you without any analysis or criticism.
- A true friend will come forward to help without any request and be with us in need without showing it or expecting anything in return. With a true friend, you can be sure that you will get help to the extent possible by him/her.
- A true friend makes no excuses of having work or appointments or anything but will be with you whenever you need him/her. In your hour of desperation, a true friend will support you even if the whole world opposes you.
For me, a true friend will not let you down, will not give you up and will not leave you for anything or anyone. They are prepared to sacrifice their time, effort and personal obligations just to fulfill their duties as a friend to you.True friends are hard to find, you’re lucky if you found one and more lucky if you found many. Always take care of your friends and ensure the safety of one another. Sometimes it just won't work out with someone. You'll get along at the time, and they may express an interest in hanging out in the future, but for whatever reason things don't materialize. They may be too busy, already have enough friends, or they don't think you're a good enough match for them. It happens to everyone and is nothing to get too down about. Keep the bigger picture in mind and continue meeting people. But make sure in meeting people that they will be a good influence to you.